Venue: Town Hall, Scarborough
Contact: Christine ArmitageItems No. Item
Election of Chairman
To elect a Chairman for this meeting.
RESOLVED that Councillor J Armsby be elected Chairman of this meeting.
Members are reminded of the need to consider whether they have a personal or prejudicial interest to declare in any of the items on this agenda. If so, the nature of the interest must be declared at the start of the meeting. In addition, the attached form must be completed and passed to the Committee Administrator. The Officers will be pleased to advise, if necessary, and any request for assistance should be made, in the first instance, to the Committee Administrator whose name appears at the end of this agenda. Ideally, such advice should be sought before the day of the meeting so that time is available to consider any uncertainty that might arise.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider a report by the Licensing Manager (Reference 09/167) attached. (This report seeks the determination by the Licensing Sub-Committee of an application for a Premises Licence where relevant representations have been received.)
- Restricted enclosure View the reasons why document 3./3 is restricted
- Restricted enclosure View the reasons why document 3./5 is restricted
The Sub-Committee considered a report of the Licensing Manager (Reference 09/167).
RESOLVED that the application for a premises licence for Blue Crush Ltd, The Sands, Peasholme Gap, Scarborough, YO12 7TN be granted subject to the following conditions:-
To grant the licence with the following conditions:
a. All conditions consistent with the Operating Schedule (see below)
b. All drinking vessels shall be polycarbonate
c. Sales and supply of alcohol shall be restricted to 11:00am to 23:00 every day
d. All drinks that are to be consumed in the outside seating area shall be ordered within the building and shall be served outside by waitress service only
e. All deliveries shall be made between 08:00 to 17:00
f. All performances of live music shall be restricted to 12:00 to 20:00
The Operating Schedule
1. There shall be no drinks promotions.
2. The business shall operate as a family eating venue and not a drinking venue.
3. CCTV shall be installed to cover all areas including the external seating area.
4. The premises shall participate in the Pubwatch scheme.
5. There shall be no standing alcohol consumption areas. All customers shall be seated with a waiting on service.
6. A notice shall be displayed requesting customers to leave the premises quietly.
7. The premises shall close at midnight.
8. The volume of music shall be lowered 30 minutes prior to closure.
9. The occupancy of the premises shall be determined by the seating capacity.
10. There shall be no standing areas.
11. Tap water shall be freely available.
12. Empty glasses shall be removed from tables when a table is vacated.
13. All deliveries shall be within working hours and shall be to the rear of the premises.
14. All drink related incidents shall be recorded in the premises logbook and North Yorkshire Police shall be informed of each incident.
15. The “Challenge 21” policy shall be adopted and appropriate posters shall be displayed.
16. Alcohol shall only be purchased for personal consumption. Any breaches of this shall be recorded in the premises logbook and reported to North Yorkshire Police.
17. All children must be accompanied by an adult and all purchases shall be made by an adult.
18. Children’s parties shall be held in a private room on the mezzanine floor.
19. All parties shall be supervised by a member of staff.
The Sub-Committee found that in order to secure compliance with the identified licensing objectives and in particular the prevention of noise and nuisance affecting residents of the flats within the building the above conditions were necessary.
In coming to this decision the Sub-Committee has considered the application on its own merit but has had due regard to the National Guidance issued under Section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003 and Scarborough Borough Council’s Licensing Policy. Your Premises Licence will follow in due course.