Minutes for Council meeting, Jan 25 2010, 7.00PM official page
Venue: Civic Suite, North Warehouse, The Docks, Gloucester, GL1 2EP. View directions
Contact: Committee SectionItems No. Item
PLEASE NOTE: THIS MEETING WAS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED TO TAKE PLACE ON THURSDAY 7 JANUARY BUT HAS BEEN REARRANGED TO MONDAY 25 JANUARY.
Prayers to be offered by the Mayor’s Chaplain, the Reverend Douglas Drane.
To receive any apologies for absence.
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the Council Meeting held on 26 November 2009.
Declarations of Interest
To receive from Members, declarations as to personal and/or prejudicial interests and the nature of those interests in relation to any agenda item. Please see Notes 1 and 2.
Public Question Time (15 Minutes)
The opportunity is given to members of the public to put questions to Cabinet Members or Committee Chairs provided that a question does not relate to:
· Applications for grant aid
· Matters relating to an employee or former employee of the Council
Petitions and Deputations (15 Minutes)
A period not exceeding three minutes is allowed for the presentation of a petition or deputation provided that no such petition is in relation to:
· The setting of the annual budget
· Applications for Grant Aid
Announcements (Council Procedure Rule 2(vii))
To receive announcements from:
a) The Mayor
b) Leader of the Council
c) Members of the Cabinet
d) Chair of Overview and Scrutiny Committee
e) Chief Executive
ISSUES FOR DECISION BY COUNCIL
Suspension of Council Procedure Rules
To waive Council Procedure Rules to allow Officers, if necessary, to address the Council in respect of items 9, 10, 11, 12 on the agenda.
Report by the Leader of the Council
To consider the recommendation as set out in paragraph 2.3 (i) of the report relating to PWLB borrowing of £1.2m as detailed in paragraph 9.37.
(Please note that Appendix 6 to the report contains exempt information and it may be necessary to exclude the press and public if its content is to be discussed in detail.)
- GlosAirportRunwayAppendix1, item 9. PDF 45 KB
- GlosAirportRunwayAppendix2, item 9. PDF 14 KB
- GlosAirportRunwayAppendix3, item 9. PDF 1 MB
- GlosAirportRunwayAppendix4, item 9. PDF 11 KB
- GlosAirportRunwayAppendix5, item 9. PDF 40 KB
- Restricted enclosure
Written questions to Cabinet Members
Written questions and answers. Only one supplementary question is allowed per question.
b) Leader and Cabinet Members’ Question Time (45 minutes)
Any member of the Council may ask the Leader of the Council or any Cabinet Member any question without prior notice, upon:
· Any matter relating to the Council’s administration
· Any matter relating to any report of the Cabinet appearing on the Council’s summons
· A matter coming within their portfolio of responsibilities
Only one supplementary question is allowed per question.
c) Questions to Chairs of Meetings (15 Minutes)
MOTIONS FROM MEMBERS
Issue Debate (Regeneration) (Council Procedure Rule 17)
Councillor James to move
1) welcomes the continued regeneration of the city, particularly during the economic downturn;
2) recognises that there is still much more to do to ensure Gloucester becomes a thriving 21st century city;
3) urges continued cross party support for the efforts of the Council and its partners to deliver Gloucester’s renaissance.”
Notices of Motion
1. Councillor J. Hilton to move
“This Council expresses its deep disaffection with the Leader of the Council over his public support for the massive 29% increase in fees for residents’ parking permits that has been approved by Gloucestershire County Council.”
2. Councillor J. Hilton to move
"That this Council notes with great disappointment the poor scores awarded to this council for its organisational assessment by the Audit Commission.
This Council expresses particular concern about the 1 out of 4 score for managing resources, which the Audit Commission said does not meet minimum requirements. The Council it says performs poorly.
The Council calls on the Cabinet to bring forward plans to improve the performance of the Council to achieve an Audit Commission organisational assessment that surpasses that of other District Councils in Gloucestershire."