Venue: The Arc Theatre, College Road, Trowbridge, BA14 0ES
Contact: Kevin FieldingItems No. Item
Items to be considered
Chairman's Welcome, Introduction and Announcements
Apologies for Absence
Declarations of Interest
Councillors are requested to declare any personal or prejudicial interests or dispensations granted by the Standards Committee.
Minutes PDF 189 KB
To approve and sign as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on 28 January 2010.
Update of the election of a representative to the Trowbridge Community Area Young People’s Issues Group (CAYPIG).
Partner Updates PDF 239 KB
To receive updates from any of the following partners:
a) Trowbridge Community Area Young Peoples’ Issues Group, (CAYPIG)
b) Wiltshire Police
c) Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service
d) Community Area Partnership - Trowbridge Community Area Future
e) Trowbridge Town Council
f) Parish Council Nominated Representatives
g) Trowbridge Library.
- Agenda item 6c - Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Report, item 6. PDF 671 KB
- Agenda item 6d - TCAF Report, item 6. PDF 182 KB
- Agenda item 6e - Town Council Report, item 6. PDF 81 KB
Outside Body Updates
Wiltshire Councillors appointed as representatives to outside bodies will report on any recent news.
Questions for the Wiltshire Council Waste, Property & Environmental Portfolio Holder
Cabinet Member Cllr Toby Sturgis will answer questions on his portfolio area.
Issues Updates PDF 131 KB
a) Update on Children’s Centres in Trowbridge Community Area – Gill Hanlan (Early years & Childcare Team, Wiltshire Council).
b) Proposal for the development of a site in the Trowbridge area for affordable housing – Janet O’Brien (Head of New Housing, Wiltshire Council).
c) Update on One Love Campaign for Community Centre.
- Agenda Item 9b - Innox Hall, item 9. PDF 134 KB
Consultation on the Community Area Plan
TCAF will lead a consultation session to help identify priorities for the Trowbridge Community Area Plan.
Any Other Urgent Business
The Chairman to take any other urgent business, including Friends of Trowbridge Community Sensory Garden.
Allocation of Grant Funding PDF 155 KB
The Wiltshire Councillors will consider four new applications to the Community Area Grants Scheme, as follows. There are also two deferred applications for consideration:
a) Bradley Gardens Residents Association - Installation of Rubbish/Dog Mess bins – requested £924. Deferred from 28th January meeting for assessment by Wiltshire Council’s waste management service.
b) Friends of Biss Meadows Country Park - Purchase Tools, Equipment & Safety Wear - requested £439. Deferred from 28th January meeting for assessment by Wiltshire Council’s waste management service.
c) North Bradley Peace Memorial Hall – Energy saving and security equipment - requested £993.
d) Friends of Trowbridge in Bloom – Participatory programme of events – requested £5,000.
e) Studley Green TARA – Installing play equipment in Regents Place play area - requested £2,508.
f) Wiltshire British Armed Forces & Veterans Celebration -
Contribution towards show costs – requested £1,250.
Total requested = £11,114
Allocation of Grant Funding to date:
· Trowbridge Annual Festival of Fun - £5,000
· Trowbridge Town Council – Enhancement of Christmas lights - £5,000
· Trowbridge Town Council – Provision of dropped kerbs around Trowbridge town - £5,000
· Trowbridge Museum – Provision of holiday activity - £1,300
· Trowbridge Community Area Future – Trowbridge Neighbourhoods Partnership - £1,000
· BA14 Culture Group - £4,900
· Trowbridge Town Council – Christmas Fair - £1,000
· Trowbridge Town Council – Cultural Olympiad dance festival - £2,500
· Friends of Biss Meadow Country Park – purchase of tools, equipment and safety wear - £561
· Longmeadow Tenants and Residents Association – purchase of equipment for community engagement & youth activities - £1,000
· Trowbridge Pub and Club Watch – provision and monitoring of the towns Pubwatch radio system - £5,000
· West Ashton Village Hall and Institute – fitting of photovoltaic panels to the village hall - £5,000
To date £37,261 in grants + £1,400 for no smoking signs for play areas has been allocated from the Community Area Grants Scheme budget of £42,676 for 2009/10 leaving a remainder of £4,015 for allocation.
- Agenda item 12a - community-area-grant-application-formBradley Gardens, item 12. PDF 108 KB
- Agenda item 12b - Biss Meadow, item 12. PDF 111 KB
- Agenda item 12c - community-area-grant-application-form North Bradley Peace Memorial Hall, item 12. PDF 156 KB
- Agenda item 12d - Community Area Grant Application form Trow in Bloom comp, item 12. PDF 124 KB
- Agenda item 12e - Community area grant Application form Regents Place play area Studley Green TARA, item 12. PDF 119 KB
- Agenda item 12f - Wilts British Armes Forces & Veterans Celebration, application form, item 12. PDF 109 KB
Performance Reward Grant Applications PDF 307 KB
The Wiltshire Councillors will consider four expressions of interest in the Performance Reward Grant Scheme, as follows:
a) Community Payback – to extend the scheme in terms of the range of services offered and also the reach of the scheme into more rural parts of the County.
b) Hope Nature Centre – to provide an extension to the current Hope Nature Centre facility.
c) Active Trowbridge – to provide gym equipment and monitors, a vehicle, coaching discount to include parishes and nutritionist costs.
d) Extended Services - to provide a counsellor for Extended Services accessible to all twenty three schools in the Trowbridge Community Area.
- Agenda item 13b - Hope Nature Centre, item 13. PDF 174 KB
- Agenda item 13c - Active Trowbridge, item 13. PDF 65 KB
- Agenda item 13d - Extended Schools Application Final Counselling, item 13. PDF 77 KB
Future Meeting Dates
Thursday 13 May – The Atrium, Wiltshire Council Offices, Bradley Road, Trowbridge.
Thursday 1 July – The Atrium, Wiltshire Council Offices, Bradley Road, Trowbridge.
Evaluation & Close
Please complete the pink evaluation sheet in your packs.