Venue: Mezzanine Room 1, County Hall, Aylesbury. View directions
Contact: Katy MacDonald Helen WaillingItems Note No. Item
Apologies/Changes in Membership
Declarations of Interest
To declare any personal and prejudicial interest
Minutes PDF 198 KB
The minutes of the meeting held on 23 February to be agreed.
Members of the public have the opportunity to put their point of view to the committee about matters on its agenda. Each person will have a maximum of four minutes to put forward their views and comments on those items they wish to address. There will be an overall time limit of sixteen minutes. The Chairman will be expected to respond within 7 working days detailing any course of action resulting from the representation.
Councillor Calls for Action
Cabinet Member Decisions/Forward Plan
Steve Edgar, Divisional Manager, School Improvement Service
Anne Jeffries, Operations Manager, Early Years & Childcare Service
- To inform members of the final 2009 results attained by pupils in Buckinghamshire schools in the Foundation Stage, Key Stages 1,2,3,4 and post-16
- To enable members to consider the emerging issues for Buckinghamshire raised by this analysis
Members will be presented with the Final Standards report, which will detail 2009 results attained by pupils in Buckinghamshire schools in Key Stages 1,2,3,4 and post-16. Members will be given the opportunity to consider the emerging issues for Buckinghamshire raised by this analysis.
- Standards in Buckinghamshire Schools - A Final Report
Client Transport - Draft Report PDF 406 KB
- Wendy Mallen, Chairman of the Client Transport Task and Finish Group
- To inform members of the findings of the Task and Finish Group that looked at the safeguarding practices within client transport
- To enable members to discuss the recommendations and agree the next steps
The review was commissioned to examine the issues of safeguarding for vulnerable children and adults within client transport which has been outsourced to Amey plc. This subject was suggested to the Overview and Scrutiny Commissioning Committee by a co-opted member and it was agreed that there would be a benefit in examining the subject in more detail.
Members’ ambition for this review is that, in line with the County Council corporate plan priorities, it can help to improve the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged people and work more closely with families to help shape service improvement.
- Safeguarding practices within Client Transport draft report
- The Chairman will update the committee on the progress to date with the review and discuss the next steps in the Statutory, Mandatory and Discretionary spend review with the committee
- The Chairman will provide a verbal update on the task and finish group forward plan
Date of Next Meeting
The date for the next meeting is Tuesday 20 April 2010, 2pm, Mezz 1, County Hall, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.