Venue: Tolworth Infants School, School Lane, Tolworth
Contact: James Stanton 020 8547 4627/Fax 020 8547 5125 e-mail: email@example.comItems No. Item
APPOINTMENT OF A CHAIR FOR THE MEETING
RESOLVED that Councillor Liz Shard be appointed Chair for the meeting.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are asked to state any interests – personal or prejudicial – on items on this agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
Report by the Borough Environmental Health Officer
- Annex 3 - Application , item 3. PDF 194 KB
- Annex 4 - Site Map , item 3. PDF 104 KB
- Annex 5 - Comments received from the Police , item 3. PDF 69 KB
- Annex 6 - Letters of Objection received , item 3. PDF 184 KB
An application was received from Mr. Yusuf Resa, for the grant of a night café licence to permit the premises to be used as a night café until 24:00 Sunday to Thursday and 03:00 Saturday and Sunday [i.e. Friday and Saturday nights].
1. a licence be granted to permit the use of the premises as a night café up to 24:00 Sunday to Thursday and up to 02:00 Saturday and Sunday [i.e. Friday and Saturday nights].
2. In addition to the Council’s standard conditions for night cafés, the following additional conditions be imposed:
[a] the licensee shall ensure that litter comprised of materials food and wrappings etc., provided by them to customers and which is deposited in the street within 50 metres of the shop will be collected immediately after closing each day.
[b] the pavement immediately adjacent to the shop shall be washed clean on 3 separate days each week.
[c] the maximum number of persons who shall be allowed on the premises at any time shall not exceed 30 including members of staff.
[d] CCTV to be provided in accordance with Police recommendations.
[e] drinks to be served in plastic bottles and cans only when the premises is in use under this licence.
3. the licence shall expire on 23 November 2005; this being the date preceding the second appointed date as laid down in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003.
in addition to the above, the following Informative
The licensee is advised to ensure that he makes application for and obtains planning permission for the hours of operation that have been granted before the premises is used as a night cafe.
Reason for Decision
The Sub Committee refused the application for hours, as submitted, because of the likelihood of noise and disturbance in the area."
Note: The Sub-Committee heard representations from Mr Fry, who spoke in objection to the granting of a license, and from Mr Resa, the applicant.