Venue: County Hall, Oxford OX1 1ND
Contact: Deborah Miller Tel: (01865) 815384; E-Mail: email@example.comItems No. Item
Apologies for Absence
Declarations of Interest
Members are reminded that they must declare their interests orally at the meeting and specify (a) the nature of the interest and (b) which items on the agenda are the relevant items. This applies also to items where members have interests by virtue of their membership of a district council in Oxfordshire.
(a) to appoint Councillor Patrick Greene to the vacancy on the Growth & Infrastructure Scrutiny Committee;
(b) to appoint Councillor Stewart Lilly to the vacancy on the Planning & Regulation Committee;
(c) to make any changes to the membership of the Cabinet, scrutiny and other committees on the nomination of political groups.
Petitions and Public Address
Council is RECOMMENDED to receive the report and note the recommendations.
Report by the Assistant Chief Executive & Chief Finance Officer (CC8(a)) and Report of the Cabinet by the Leader of the Council (CC8(b)). The recommendations set out below (and in the report) are made subject to the Commentary on the Budget Proposals by the Assistant Chief Executive and Chief Finance Officer, as the Council’s Section 151 Officer, to be circulated separately. Annex 6 (Dedicated Schools Grant Provisional Allocation 2012/13) will be circulated separately, following the outcome of the School’s Forum Meeting on 1 February 2012.
The Liberal Democrat, Labour and Green Groups propose to submit amendments to the budget proposals (CC8 Liberal Democrat), (CC8 Labour) and (CC8 Green) respectively and these will be circulated separately.
(a) (in respect of revenue) RECOMMEND Council to approve:
(1) a budget for 2012/13 as set out in Annex 1;
(2) a medium term plan for 2012/13 to 2016/17 as set out in Annex 2 (which incorporates changes to the Business Strategies set out in Annex 3);
(3) a council tax requirement for 2012/13 of £284.525m;
(4) the Council Tax and Precept calculations for 2012/13 set out in Annex 4 to the report and in particular:
(i) a precept of £284.525m; and
(ii) a Council Tax for Band D equivalent properties of £1,161.71;
(5) the planned level of balances and reserves for 2012/13 to 2015/16 as set out in Annex 5;
(6) the use of Dedicated Schools Grant for 2012/13 as set out in Annex 6;
(7) virement arrangements for 2012/13 as set out in Annex 7;
(b) (in respect of treasury management) to RECOMMEND Council to approve:
(1) the Treasury Management Strategy Statement as at Annex 8 including the Prudential Indicators;
(2) that in relation to the 2012/13 strategy any further changes required be delegated to the Chief Finance Officer following consultation with the Leader of Council and the Cabinet Member for Finance.
(c) RECOMMEND Council to approve the Minimum Revenue Provision Methodology Statement as set out in paragraphs 10 to 14 of Annex 9.
(d) (in respect of Capital) to approve:
(1) the Capital Strategy at Annex 10 and Corporate Asset Management Plan and Transport Asset Management Plan at Annexes 11a and 11b;
(2) the Capital Programme for 2011/12 to 2016/17 as set out in the capital programme at Annex 12;
(3) the prudential indicators for capital set out in Annex 13.
- Report of the Leader , item 8. PDF 133 KB
- Annex 1 , item 8. PDF 200 KB
- Annex 2 , item 8. PDF 46 KB
- Annex 3 , item 8. PDF 65 KB
- Annex 4 , item 8. PDF 74 KB
- There are a further 24 documents.View the full list of documents for item 8.
The Council's Medium Term Corporate Plan 2012/2013-2016/17 (CC9) sets out the challenges facing the County Council , the rationale for our objectives, and identifies the priority and activities on which we will focus.
The approach set out in last year’s directorate business strategies and the overarching Corporate Plan continue to provide the foundations for our strategy. The next twelve months will therefore be the second year of delivering the four year plan we set out last year.
The Strategy & Partnerships Scrutiny Committee reviewed the draft Plan and submitted comments to the Cabinet, who approved the draft on 17 January 2012.
A summary of the key elements of the Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP) will be included once the Council has approved the budget, and the MTFP will form an annex to the plan.
The Cabinet RECOMMENDS Council to approve the Corporate Plan subject to the inclusion of a summary of the Medium Term Financial Plan and any changes in the text approved by the Chief Executive after consultation with the Leader of the Council.