Minutes for Economic Development, Culture and Tourism Scrutiny Commission meeting, Apr 11 2012, 5.30PM official page
Venue: THE OAK ROOM - GROUND FLOOR, TOWN HALL, TOWN HALL SQUARE, LEICESTER
Contact: Angie smith, (0116) 229 8897, Email: email@example.comItems No. Item
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are asked to declare any interests they may have in the business on the agenda, and/or indicate that Section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 applies to them.
The minutes of the meeting held on 28th March 2012 will be circulated and the Commission will be asked to confirm them as a correct record.
The Director, Planning, Transportation and Economic Development, will present an information update on the following:
· Legal and clear-up costs, and the number of days taken to move unauthorised travellers;
· Information on the waiting list for Meynells Gorse;
· The location of the eight sites previously long-listed for consideration, and information on 350 sites previously looked at.
The Director, Planning, Transportation and Economic Development will provide and update on the following:
· Housing Needs Report
· Core Development Strategy (extract).
The City Mayor’s office will circulate a report outlining how the proposals have been prepared and what action has been taken since. The meeting will also be informed of the Frequently Asked Questions that have been prepared to give feedback on the consultation so far.
A verbal update will be given at the meeting on the work of the Multi Agency Travellers Unit (MATU).
The following submissions will be circulated:
· Travellers on existing unauthorised sites
· Councillor Roger Wilson, Leicestershire County Council
· Framework Housing Association
· Birstall Parish Council
ANY OTHER URGENT BUSINESS