London Borough of Greenwich:

Minutes for Cabinet Committee meeting, Jun 23 2009, 5.30PM official page

Other committee documents for London Borough of Greenwich :: Cabinet Committee details

Venue: Committee Room 6 - Town Hall, Wellington Street, Woolwich SE18 6PW. View directions

Contact: Jean Riddler 

Items No. Item

1.

Apologies for Absence

To receive apologies for absence from Members of the Committee.

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Chris Roberts and John Fahy.

2.

Urgent Business

The Chair to announce any items of urgent business circulated separately from the main agenda.

Minutes:

There were no items of Urgent Business for consideration at this meeting.

3.

Declarations of Interest PDF 62 KB

Members to declare any personal and prejudicial interests in items on the agenda. Attention is drawn to the Council’s Constitution Procedures, the Members’ Code of Conduct and associated advice.

Minutes:

Resolved –

         

That the list of Councillor’s membership, as Council appointed representatives, on outside bodies, joint committees and School Governing bodies be noted.

4.

Minutes PDF 57 KB

To confirm as an accurate record the Minutes of the meeting of the Cabinet Committee held on 12 May 2009.

Minutes:

Resolved –

 

That the Minutes of the meeting of the Cabinet Committee held on 12 May 2009 be agreed and signed as a true and accurate record.

 

5.

Scheme and estimate report for a new modular building and essential maintenance works at Rachel McMillan Nursery School, Deptford SE8 PDF 67 KB

To agree the proposed scheme of works at Rachel McMillan Nursery School as set out in the report at a cost of £439,295.

Decision:

Agreed to the proposed scheme of works at Rachel McMillan Nursery School as set out in the report at a cost of £439,295.

Minutes:

The Property Strategy Manager presented the report, as set out on the agenda.

 

Resolved -

 

That the proposed scheme of works at Rachel McMillan Nursery School as set out in the report at a cost of £439,295 be agreed.

6.

Neighbourhood Services - (Decent Homes Partnering - Underpinning Contracts) PDF 63 KB

To approve the award of a package of works to Purkelly Brothers Ltd, in the sum of £198,409.00 for underpinning works to various properties.

Decision:

Approved the award of a package of works to Purkelly Brothers Ltd, in the sum of £198,409.00 for underpinning works to various properties.

 

Minutes:

The Director of Neighbourhood Services presented the item, as set out on the Agenda.

 

Councillor Paul Webbewood addressed the Cabinet Committee expressing his disappointment that it had taken so long for this work to be carried out.  He was concerned at the, apparent, uncertainty of the amount Leaseholders would be liable to pay.

 

The Director of Neighbourhood Services advised that he would contact Councillor Webbewood directly regarding the Leaseholder charged

Action: DNS

 

Resolved -

 

That the award of a package of works to Purkelly Brothers Ltd, in the sum of £198,409.00 for underpinning works to various properties be approved.

 

7.

Council House Building Programme PDF 72 KB

To agree the criteria for prioritising available sites for house-building within the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) subject to availability of Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) grant and compliance with the code for prudential borrowing.

 

To agree to commence detailed survey, design, planning and procurement processes to enable the earliest possible start on site once Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) grant is secured.

To agree a bid for funding being submitted to the HCA by the 31 July 2009

 

To agree to officers submitting the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) to the HCA to enable the Council to be eligible for Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) grant aid for this programme.

 

To agree the final wording for both the bid and the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) being delegated to the Director of Regeneration, Enterprise and Skills in consultation with the Leader of the Council.

 

Additional documents:

Decision:

Agreed the criteria for prioritising available sites for house-building within the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) subject to availability of Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) grant and compliance with the code for prudential borrowing.

Agreedto commence detailed survey, design, planning and procurement processes to enable the earliest possible start on site once Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) grant is secured.

Agreeda bid for funding being submitted to the HCA by the 31July 2009.

Agreedto officers submitting the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) to the HCA to enable the Council to be eligible for Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) grant aid for this programme.

Agreedthe final wording for both the bid and the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) being delegated to the Director of Regeneration, Enterprise and Skills in consultation with the Leader of the Council.

 

Minutes:

The Housing Strategy and Enabling Manager presented the report, as set out on the Agenda.

 

Resolved -

 

1.       That the criteria for prioritising available sites for house-building within the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) subject to availability of Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) grant and compliance with the code for prudential borrowing be agreed.

 

2.       That it be agreed to commence detailed survey, design, planning and procurement processes to enable the earliest possible start on site once Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) grant is secured.

 

3.       That it be a greed that a bid for funding be submitted to the HCA

by the 31 July 2009.

 

4.       That it be agreed that officers submit the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) to the HCA to enable the Council to be eligible for Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) grant aid for this programme.

 

5.       That it be agreed that the final wording for both the bid and the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) being delegated to the Director of Regeneration, Enterprise and Skills in consultation with the Leader of the Council.

 

API Get this info as xml or json help