Colehill Safer Neighbourhood Team neighbourhood team (Dorset Police)
- Police Force
- Dorset Police
- Web Page
- About This Team
- East Dorset is one of the larger policing sections in Dorset, covering an area of approximately 157 square miles with a resident population of 85,000. It incorporates the historic market town of Wimborne with its large number of retail outlets, Ferndown with an expanding residential population and relatively new town centre, and Verwood - an increasingly popular location with a rapidly expanding housing market and retail outlets. There are also a number of villages spread across the section, which include Corfe Mullen, Sturminster Marshall, West Moors and Six Penny Handley. Each village has its own unique infrastructure incorporating residential areas, schools and businesses, and as such, has its own policing requirements. Much of the section is rural countryside whilst the main arterial route, the A31 which crosses the section, provides the 'gateway' to Dorset. Each of these communities represents a different challenge. Like all Sections across the County Division each ward area within East Dorset has a dedicated Safer Neighbourhood Team who work to combat local issues raised through our PACT (Partners and Communities Together) processes. We also share a very close and effective working relationship with our partners in East Dorset District Council as well as many other locally based agencies and groups. Community policing is vital to our success and as such we will continue to develop our partnerships and initiatives with every effort to keep the residents, businesses and visitors to East Dorset safe. To find out more about our partnership process and how you can become involved in policing the area please follow the link below. Inspector Mike Darkin East Dorset Section Commander
- Wards Policed By This Team
- Colehill East, Colehill West
Police Officers in this team
- PC Steven Brett I work as a Police Constable for my local Safer Neighbourhood Team. My role is varied and typical...
- PCSO Matt Johnson I am a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) and work as part of my local Safer Neighbourhood T...
- PS Richard Partridge My role is Safer Neighbourhood Sergeant. I manage a team of PCs, PCSOs, special constables and vo...
Last updated 03 Mar 10:33 (about 5 years ago)