Strouden Park Safer Neighbourhood Team neighbourhood team (Dorset Police)
- Police Force
- Dorset Police
- Web Page
- About This Team
- North Bournemouth police area covers a large geographical area taking in many different and diverse communities. It has a large area of residential housing to the North and in general throughout the area, two large Golf courses and parkland on the East and West, with the almost continental feel of Charminster with it's cafes, restaurants and night time entertainment to the South. The ethos of policing in North Bournemouth is to make it an even more safe and pleasant place in which to live, work or visit, for all sections of our community. With the introduction of Safer Neighbourhood Teams they provide a regular and highly visible on-street presence, tackling issues of concern and building relationships with the communities they serve. Crime levels within North Bournemouth have decreased over the past three years â€“ from 7460 offences in the year ending March 2005 to 7352 offences in the year ending March 2008, a fall of around 1.4 per cent. This represents 108 fewer victims of crime than there were three years ago. The average yearly detection rate for all crime during the same period was 24 per cent. It is a very busy area to police and North Bournemouth officers and staff, all based at Winton Police Station, are fully committed to delivering the best service possible. Anti social behaviour is one of our main priorities and this is being tackled in a number of ways such as high visibility patrolling and carrying out interactive educational programmes with partner agencies in sedcondary schools. We recognise that the effect of crime and anti social behaviour in North Bournemouth can have a big impact on people's quality of life, the area's economy and reputation. Our challenge is to work together in partnership with other key agencies responsible for public safety and wellbeing, in order to reduce crime and disorder and the fear of such. In addition, we aim to reassure the community of North Bournemouth through regular meetings and updates organised and held by the various Safer Neighbourhood teams that operate throughout North Bournemouth Inspector Mike Claxton Section Commander
- Wards Policed By This Team
- Strouden Park
Police Officers in this team
- PC Steve Shires I work as a Police Constable for my local Safer Neighbourhood Team. My role is varied and typical...
- PCSO Adam Cleaver I am a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) and work as part of my local Safer Neighbourhood T...
- PS Guy Nicholas My role is Safer Neighbourhood Sergeant. I manage a team of PCs, PCSOs, special constables and vo...
- PCSO Adam Lillywhite I am a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) and work as part of my local Safer Neighbourhood T...
Last updated 03 Mar 10:33 (almost 4 years ago)