Chickerell Safer Neighbourhood Team neighbourhood team (Dorset Police)
- Police Force
- Dorset Police
- Web Page
- About This Team
- Weymouth Bay is acknowledged as being one of the most attractive in the country, and while the town attracts family orientated groups, it also has extensive night entertainment suitable for both young and old. Weymouth has been a traditional holiday resort since King George III first popularised bathing. Dorset's second largest town has experienced rejuvenation in recent years with major investment and development in both the marina and town centre. The ferry service to the Channel Islands also brings large numbers of visitors both to and through the town. Weymouth town centre is covered by close circuit television and its control room has radio contact with both the police and a radio link covering all major commercial premises. A Door Staff Registration Scheme operates in the town centre and all premises are linked by radio and have direct communication with the CCTV control room. Since March 2007, police officers and staff have been operating from the Western Division Headquarters building on Radipole Lane. Delivering quality and effective policing across Weymouth and Portland requires a joined up and co-ordinated approach and teamwork is the very hub of policing. The move to Western Division Headquarters brings frontline officers and specialists together under one roof leading to better integration and consistent delivery of policing services. The headquarters site houses all the core policing functions including the dog section, transport workshops, Safer Neighbourhood Teams and response officers. The central enquiry office is also at the Radipole Lane site and is open to the public every day of the week. Inspector Pete Meteau
- Wards Policed By This Team
- Chickerell, Upwey and Broadwey
Police Officers in this team
- PC Stan Knight I work as a Police Constable for my local Safer Neighbourhood Team. My role is varied and typical...
- PCSO Graeme Williams I am a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) and work as part of my local Safer Neighbourhood T...
- SC Julie Collinge I am a Special Constable for my local Safer Neighbourhood Team. I am a volunteer but have the sam...
- PS Steve Westhead My role is Safer Neighbourhood Sergeant. I manage a team of PCs, PCSOs, special constables and vo...
Last updated 03 Mar 10:33 (almost 5 years ago)