Broadstone and Merley Safer Neighbourhood Team neighbourhood team (Dorset Police)
- Police Force
- Dorset Police
- Web Page
- About This Team
- The Poole North area includes large residential areas, industrial estates, places of public entertainment, open heathland, schools, shopping areas and retail parks. The officers aim is to improve the quality of life for residents, workers and visitors alike in order to make Poole a pleasent place to live, work and visit. With the introduction of Safer Neighbourhood Teams they provide a regular and highly visible on-street presence, tackling issues of concern to the communities they serve. The teams have good ties with Residents Associations and Watch schemes. Crime levels within Poole North have decreased over the past three years â€“ from 4261 offences in the year ending March 2005 to 3722 offences in the year ending March 2008, a fall of around 12.6 per cent. This represents 539 fewer victims of crime than there were three years ago. The average yearly detection rate for all crime during the same period was 30 per cent. Officers in Poole North have 2 distinct roles, the responsibility to provide a 24 hour policing response and the need to engage in multi-agency community work. By close team work officers aim to provide an effective policing service that recognises and responds to the priorities of the community and yet is available to deal with the full spectrum of services required from the police. These include immediate response to emergencies and accidents, tackling anti social behaviour and investigation of crime. Inspector Adrian King Section Commander
- Wards Policed By This Team
- Broadstone, Merley and Bearwood
Police Officers in this team
- PS Andy Jenkins My role is Safer Neighbourhood Sergeant. I manage a team of PCs, PCSOs, special constables and vo...
- PCSO Pauline Guest I am a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) and work as part of my local Safer Neighbourhood T...
- PC Joe Cooper I work as a Police Constable for my local Safer Neighbourhood Team. My role is varied and typical...
Last updated 03 Mar 10:33 (about 3 years ago)